1 foie gras (Duck) ( 700g )
12 fresh figs
2 spoon of armagnac 6g
The day before:
- Enervated liver, and remove any trace of bitterness (Bile) .
- Cut the liver into two in thickness, add salt and pepper.
- Enclose the liver in a film and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
The next day :
- Remove the liver of his film.
- Cut the figs in half.
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook the figs for 3 minutes before drizzling with Armagnac (flambé) .
- Drain the figs .
- Preheat oven to 150 ° C.
- Place in a bowl a layer of foie gras, a layer of figs and cover with a layer of foie gras.
- Close the pot and place in a dish containing water .
- Put the two dishes for cooking in a water bath 40 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, remove the dish from the oven, remove the lid, put on the Foie gras a baking parchment paper and place a weight on top to make up the fat.
- When cooled , close the bowl and wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator.