1 foie gras (Duck) ( 700g )
12 fresh figs
2 spoon of armagnac 6g
The day before:
– Enervated liver, and remove any trace of bitterness (Bile) .
– Cut the liver into two in thickness, add salt and pepper.
– Enclose the liver in a film and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
The next day :
– Remove the liver of his film.
– Cut the figs in half.
– Melt the butter in a pan and cook the figs for 3 minutes before drizzling with Armagnac (flambé) .
– Drain the figs .
– Preheat oven to 150 ° C.
– Place in a bowl a layer of foie gras, a layer of figs and cover with a layer of foie gras.
– Close the pot and place in a dish containing water .
– Put the two dishes for cooking in a water bath 40 minutes.
– At the end of cooking, remove the dish from the oven, remove the lid, put on the Foie gras a baking parchment paper and place a weight on top to make up the fat.
– When cooled , close the bowl and wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator.